Central Iowa college students are invited to apply for a WDMHS internship. Interns are accepted during fall, spring and summer semesters.
There are two internship types available:
Museum Studies Intern
Marketing/media studies Intern
Benefit of an internship:
- Gain real-world work experience and develop and enhance skills in areas of program management, marketing, research, problem solving, non-profit management, museum management and interpersonal communication.
- Receive academic credit
- Assist with developing, managing and marketing special events and programs.
- Offer basic office assistance, including database management.
- Learn the history of the Jordan House Museum and Bennett School Museum and be able to assist with tours.
- Interview local residents and create marketing posts from interviews.
- Outreach to special audiences to promote and facilitate tours and special events.
- College student seeking professional experience and/or academic internship credit.
- Background or interest in any of the following (but not limited to): marketing, non-profit management, special events, journalism/mass communications, museum studies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently.