Please join us every 3rd Thursday from 7-8pm for a book discussion at The Jordan House (2001 Fuller Rd, West Des Moines, IA 50265). Presented by the West Des Moines Public Library and the West Des Moines Historical Society.
Historical fiction is a great way to learn about people and events through stories that bring history to life. Our group discusses titles from a wide variety of time/places/people. Registration is requested, please!
Books may be picked up at the Adult Services desk. Registration is requested, please. Staff will register you for this program when you pick up a book. If you are not getting the book from the Library, please contact Jen at 515-222-3413 to register.
- January 19: “The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek” by Kim Michele Richardson
- February 16: “The Mystery of Mrs. Christie” by Marie Benedict
- March 16: “The Pull of the Stars” by Emma Donoghue
- April 20: “Bottomland” by Michelle Hoover
- May 18: “The Call of the Wrens” by Jenni Walsh
- June 15: “A Tree Grows in Brooklyn” by Betty Smith
- July 20: “The Magnolia Place” by Fiona Davis
- August 17: “Before We Were Yours” by Lisa Wingate
- September 21: “So Big” by Edna Ferber
- October 19: “Circling the Sun” by Paula McLain
- November 16: “In the Time of the Butterflies” by Julia Alvarez
- December 21: Come prepared to share the best books you read this year, in any genre! We’ll have holiday cookies and invite everyone to bring a dozen to share with your fellow bookworms.