Work with the WDMHS!
The West Des Moines Historical Society is now accepting applications for a half-time (20 hours per week) Administrator position, scheduled to start immediately. The Administrator is a critical part of the WDMHS mission to preserve history and educate visitors and supporters. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional communication skills and have a proven record of self-starting and problem solving. A love of history is a plus, but not required! Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Processes monthly financial accounts, including monitoring mail, depositing and recording income and payables, working with accountant and treasurer, keeping all records up to date in Giftworks/tracking programs.
• Serve as liaison to committees composed of board members and volunteers.
• Promote tours and programs at the Jordan House and Bennett School, including specific curriculums for school tours, private events and tours.
• Serve as primary contact for docents and volunteers. Recruit, retain and schedule docents and volunteers for weekly tours and special events. Fulfill reporting requirements for monthly record keeping for tours and programming.
• Assist with marketing, including social media posting and other general marketing opportunities.
• Experience with Office Suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Valid Iowa driver’s license and own transportation.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Compensation is $20/hour, with the opportunity for increases annually. Compensation includes five paid holidays. Work environment is business casual.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter by Friday, May 18, 2018 to:
Gale Brubaker, Executive Director
West Des Moines Historical Society
PO Box 65563
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership & Support
West Des Moines Historical Society is a privately funded nonprofit institution that relies on the generosity of its friends and supporters. Help us preserve the legacy through membership.
One Hour Guided Tours
February 2, 2018-May 28, 2018
Friday and Sunday
11am and 1pm
June 1-September 1
Friday, Saturday and Sunday
11am & 1pm